This is a slightly edited version of Saskia Davis’ original Symptoms of Inner Peace ©1984. Saskia has been kind enough to allow me to share it with all of you on my site, which I am happy to do. You can see the original in all its original glory at her website, which is http://symptomsofinnerpeace.net!
Be on the lookout for signs of inner peace. The hearts of a great many have been filled with such peace, and it is possible that people everywhere could come down with this strange virus in an epidemic of some sort. This could pose a serious threat to what has, till now, been a fairly stable condition of conflict in the world.
Here are some symptoms to watch out for:
- A tendency to think and act spontaneously, without the influence of fear due to past experiences and consequences.
- A strange tendency to not over analyse the past
- A worrying ability to enjoy the present moment
- An alarming tendency to not stress about the future.
- A loss of interest in judging people
- A loss of interest in judging yourself
- A loss of interest in interpreting the actions of others
- Loss of inner and outer conflict
- A loss of the ability to worry (this is a serious symptom)
- Frequent, overwhelming episodes of appreciation
- Feelings of connectedness with others and nature
- Frequent attacks of smiling
- Frequent attacks of laughing with others
- An increased capacity for loving others and yourself
If you have some of the above symptoms seek a doctor’s advice immediately. If you have most of, or all of the above symptoms then it might be too late for cure. If that is the case, the best advice is to stay indoors and eliminate any contact with other humans, as your inner peace is highly contagious and could infect others. Prolonged exposure to the outside world could result in your inner peace turning into outer peace, if you know someone with some of these symptoms, remain exposed at your own risk.